Two more peculiar lists of 2009 highlights from highly respected members of the Belbury flock:
Ian Hodgson (Moon Wiring Club)
1. Joker. Digidesign
2. Datassette. The Aviatrix
3. Annie. Two of Hearts
4. Broadcast/Focus Group. Investigate Witch Cults of the Radio Age.
5. Timbaland (featuring Nelly Furtado & Soshy) Morning After Dark
6. Belbury Poly. From an Ancient Star
7. Dam-Funk. Toeachizown
8. VHS Head. Video Club
9. Nite Jewel. Good Evening
10. Madlib. Beat Konducta Volume 5/6
1. Francis Monkman. Achievments of Man
2. George Breed & John Rossman. Top Decision Makers
3. Secret Service. Flash in the Night
4. Clannad. Atlantic Realm OST
5. Laura Brannigan. Hot Night
6. Spooky Voice. Killing Myself (Instrumental Version)
7. Maze. Twilight.
8. Andrew Lloyd-Webber. Theme from The Book Tower.
9. Awake. Fasce in Colore
10. Harry Robertson. Hawk the Slayer OST
Favourite overall new/old record:
Harmonia & Eno '76. Tracks and Traces.
Jon Brooks (Producer, Composer & the brains behind The Advisory Circle)
Nine things I couldn't live without this year. Not necessarily released this year, but certainly discovered, and in no particular order of importance.
Book: "On Some Faraway Beach" by David Sheppard.
Album: "Tomorrow Today" by Seeland.
Book: "Case Study Houses (25th Anniversary Edition)" by Elizabeth Smith
Cosmetic: "Black Cab" nail polish by Rimmel.
Book: "Ways Of Seeing" by John Berger.
Place: "Libby's Cafe"
Drink: Twinings Earl Grey tea.
Book: "Painting With Sound - The Life and Music of Hans-Joachim Roedelius" by Stephen Iliffe.
Album: "Hands" by Little Boots